Because He Lives...He has blessed me!

Because He Lives...He has blessed me!
My first Grand Blessings

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moving On to 2011!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I was thinking about how to make the New Year better, and decided to share my thoughts with you. Here is what I came up with. Share your thoughts with me below.

1. New Year's Eve. Make it safely through 2010 to 2011. New Year's eve parties are fun and I used to love them. Now I can't stay up past 10 pm. But, I do like to go to them and leave early, or just have dinner with some close friends. The point is whatever, you do, be safe. Do NOT drink and drive. Have a designated driver or call a cab. Life is worth living, so make it to the next day. IF YOU have a party, don't let friends drive drunk. Make a place for them at your home until the next day. You may have to feed them breakfast, but they will make it to the next party you have.

2. Make a goal for the year, whether it be financially or personally. Decide to follow through and then do it. I heard a man say, successful people are the ones that make a decision thoughtfully and then do not change your mind on the spur of the moment to fit the mood. Decisions I change quickly, usually are the ones I get so upset with myself about. If you decide ahead of time and stick with it, then it will be a safe decision with a great result, one that you will be happy about.

3. Change the things you do not like about yourself. Get a piece of paper and list them. Are they things you can change or things out of your control? If you can change it, then do it. Stop talking about it and do it. Losing weight and getting back to regular exercise is mine. I have said  it every year for the past five years, since having foot surgery, and I play at it. This is the year for me. I am the only person in control of those two things, so I am deciding now, to eat healthy and do some sort of exercise every day, even it is just to walk around the block that day. There are many others I have on my paper, but be aware of the possibility of who is in control of the change. Some things can't be changed. We can't grow and be taller, we may not be able to restore a broken relationship, or have a round face instead of a thin, long one. But, our problems are mostly in our control. Stop smoking! Stop drinking too much! Be a better friend! Be a better partner to your spouse.Go back to school! The changes will  make your life better.  I will tell you about how mine go  next year, good Lord willing.

4. Make a bucket list just for this year. Is there something you would like to do this year? Write it down, put it somewhere you can see it. Work towards it! You have control over that as well. Successful people are people of action. You have to actually do something about all of the above. You can't just sit and wait on anything to happen. You will be very bored and disappointed! We used to have a saying at my church and I use it all the time for real estate, but it works for everything, "If it is to be, it is up to me!" My one wish is to go with my church to Israel in March and make it home safely. I can be ready for the trip, but it is up to God to get me there and back. So watch for pictures....

5. Also remember, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Sometimes we just need to go with what is working for us. I love the prayer that was my Grandmother Walker's favorite:

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment